Welcome to Summer Term in the Woodpecker class
Throughout this term we have lots of fun and exciting things to learn and I look forward to teaching year 3 for the remainder of this academic year.
Topics this term are:
- Science – Plants and Light
- Geography – Beyond the Magical Kingdom
- History – Romans
- Art – Drawing and Textiles
- Computing – Branching Databases, Stimulations and Graphing
- Music – Listening and Responding to music
- PSHE – Secrets of Success; Money Matters
- RE – Christianity and Judaism
- DT – Mosaics
- PE – Tennis; Orienteering, Athletics and Cricket
Homework will go out on a Friday each week and needs to be handed in every Thursday. Children should also read to an adult every day at home. If you have any concerns with the homework or need support then please either write me a message in your child’s home learning book or leave a message at the office and I will get back to you.
Here are some links to websites which we regularly use in class.
At Bacton, we have 6 behaviours we try our hardest to follow and show whilst we are at school, they are:
Be kind, honest and helpful
Always make good choices
Co-operate with others
Try your best
Organise yourself and be ready to learn
Nurture your curiosity