We believe that every child should have the right to a curriculum that champions excellence; supporting pupils in achieving to the very best of their abilities. We understand the immense value technology plays not only in supporting the Computing and whole school curriculum but overall in the day-to-day life of our school. We believe that technology can provide:
- enhanced collaborative learning opportunities;
- better engagement of pupils;
- easier access to rich content;
- support conceptual understanding of new concepts and can support the needs of all our pupils.
Our aims are as follows:
- Provide an exciting, rich, relevant and challenging Computing curriculum for all pupils.
- Enthuse and equip children with the capability to use technology throughout their lives.
- Give children access to a variety of high quality hardware, software and unplugged resources.
- Instil critical thinking, reflective learning and a ‘can do’ attitude for all our pupils, particularly when engaging with technology and its associated resources.
- Teach pupils to understand the importance of governance and legislation regarding how information is used, stored, created, retrieved, shared and manipulated.
- Teach pupils to become responsible, respectful and competent users of data, information and communication technology.
- Equip pupils with skills, strategies and knowledge that will enable them to reap the benefits of the online world, whilst being able to minimise risk to themselves or others.
- Use technology imaginatively and creatively to inspire and engage all pupils, as well as using it to be more efficient in the tasks associated with running an effective school.
- Provide technology solutions for forging better home and school links.
- Utilise computational thinking beyond the Computing curriculum.
Staying Safe online
Here are some links to support you and your child to keep you safe online.
Youtube Kids is a great app for your children, if they enjoy watching videos online. YouTube Kids was created to give children a more contained environment that makes it simpler and more fun for them to explore on their own, and easier for parents and caregivers to guide their journey as they discover new and exciting interests along the way. Follow the link to download the app here: https://www.youtube.com/kids/