Phonics & Reading
At Bacton Primary we aim for our children to:
- Read confidently and fluently, with good understanding
- Read widely and often for information, academic development and pleasure
- Use discussion to explain, present, question and debate
- Be proficient at speaking and listening, and assured in presenting to a variety of audiences
- Expand their vocabulary range and apply it in a range of spoken and written contexts
- Develop their knowledge of grammatical conventions
- Listen to and absorb stories beyond the current scope of their independent reading
- Appreciate and explore our rich and varied literary heritage
From September 2023, we are using Little Wandle Letters and Sounds Revised. The parent portal can be accessed here and contains useful information and 'how to' videos. Additional guidance can be downloaded from the attachments below; your child will bring home copies to keep.
Full information about our reading curriculum can be found below.